Yesterday the Premier announced some good news in relation to the further easing of activity restrictions, effective from 11.59pm Tuesday 27 October.
Not all details have been provided to date, however in relation to golf related activities at the Club, effective Wednesday 28 October, the easing of these restrictions will mean the following:
- Timesheet bookings from hereon will enable golf to be played in groups of four – the timesheets will continue to open 3 days in advance for the time being.
- The use of hire equipment, including pull trolleys and golf carts will be allowed under certain conditions, which are being confirmed.
- Competition golf can resume – scores must be submitted by MiScore. All players on the timesheet will be automatically entered into the competition and are required to notify Golf Operations if they: do not wish to be in the competition; want to change the tees they wish to play from (normal is Men – Blue and Women – Green); want to submit a score for handicap purposes only.
- It is anticipated the Practice fairway and chipping greens will be available for use although the Club is still seeking additional clarification – members will be advised of the arrangement once this is confirmed.
- It is anticipated lessons from the Teaching Professionals will be available although the Club is still seeking additional clarification – members will be advised of the arrangement once this is confirmed.
- Retail operations will resume.
Please note the following existing conditions still remain in place:
- Members must comply with the government condition of remaining within 25km’s of their home (unless a permitted exception applies).
- Masks are to be worn while playing golf and whilst at the Club.
- The Covid Rules of Golf are still applicable with regards to bunkers, pins etc.
- Access to the courses and Clubhouses remain “Member Only” for the time being.
In relation to changes to Hospitality, from Wednesday 28 October the respective Clubhouses will be open with up to 20 people permitted inside and up to 50 people being accommodated outside. The take away and on course services will also remain. There will be various conditions in place and members will be advised of the conditions upon arrival.
The Premier also announced it is anticipated additional restrictions will be eased from November 8 and the implication of these changes will be communicated to members in the upcoming week.
It is very exciting for members to be able to start resuming more “normal” golf and we look forward to seeing you all back at The National.