The Victorian Premier on Sunday announced golf was permitted to be played in metropolitan Melbourne from Monday 19 October 2020, although there were not a lot of accompanying details associated with the announcement.
The Club has now obtained further directions and clarification from Golf Australia and based on this additional information, effective Tuesday 20 October the following conditions will be in place at the Club:
- Golf bookings will primarily be in groups of two. Play for groups of four people from a maximum of two households will be offered at Cape Schanck on the Gunnamatta course after 1.00pm on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday. (as timesheets for Tuesday 20 October have been released this is effective from Wednesday 21 October)
- Club competitions cannot be conducted, however social scores can be submitted for handicapping purposes.
- Practice facilities will remain closed. Putting greens will be available for players to putt on prior to play but limited to the group next on the tee, at any one time.
- Golf coaching will be offered for groups of two or less, plus the coach. Bookings can be made via the website.
- Access inside the respective Golf Shops will not be permitted until further notice. Golf Shop staff will be available daily at both venues to assist members with any golfing enquiry.
- Rental clubs, golf carts and pull buggies cannot be provided for hire.
- Use of Clubhouse toilet facilities is permitted, although the locker rooms are not accessible.
- Members can only play at a course within 25 kilometres of their home, or permitted workplace.
- Masks must still be worn whilst playing.
- Only take away food and beverage services
These conditions are subject to change in the event the Club is advised of further, or differing information.
The Golf Australia communication can be viewed by clicking here.