As a result of today’s decision by the State Government to ease the lockdown restrictions from midnight tonight, I am pleased to announce golf will resume at The National tomorrow Wednesday 28 July.
The Club will reopen under the following conditions (which are subject to change):
• All members and their guests must register their attendance via QR codes throughout the facilities including the 1st and 10th tees (for two tee starts)
• Face masks are required to be carried at all times, and
o worn outside unless an exemption applies
o be worn inside unless eating or drinking, or an exemption applies
• Golf can be played in groups of 4
• There will be limitations in clubhouse patronage based on a density quotient of 1 person per 4 square metres, food and beverage service will resume for seated service only and with group sizes limited to 10.
• Competitions may be conducted – all players will be automatically registered in the competition unless they advise golf operations otherwise
• Practice facilities will be open subject to density restrictions
• Golf tuition will be available
• Pins can be removed and rakes will be in bunkers and there are no preferred lies in bunkers