Sue Wooster is competing in the 59th U.S. Senior Women’s Amateur Championship begins on Friday at the Lakewood Club in Point Clear, Alabama. This is Sue’s third appearance in this event, below is a few facts regarding her past impressive performances:
- Sue has finished runner up to Lara Tennant the last two times this event has been held (2018 and 2019, not played in 2020)
- the margin was the same in both finals – 3 & 2
- this was the first time that the same two players reached consecutive Senior Women’s Amateur finals
- this was only the fourth such occurrence of repeat finalists in USGA history
- along with Tennant, Sue is seeking to become just the second player to make it to three straight finals since the championship adopted its current match-play format in 1997
A very impressive history. To follow Sue’s progress please click here.
We wish Sue all the best in this year’s event, let’s hope she can go one better and lift the silverware.
Following the US Senior Women’s Amateur Championship Sue will then compete in the US Women’s Mid Amateur event to be played at Berkeley Hall Club in Bluffton, South Carolina. Sue had to progress through regional qualifying to gain a start and she did this the only way Sue knows – she was the top qualifier. Sue competed in the qualifying round at beautiful Mirabel Golf Club in Arizona. Congratulations Sue on another wonderful effort and all the best for the event.