Jon Gahan will complete his tenure as General Manager of The National on Friday 4 February, a role which he has held since October 2005. Our new Chief Executive Officer, Matt Corby commenced on Monday 17 January, allowing a three week handover period.
Given the uncertainty pertaining to COVID and the associated staff shortages, regrettably there will not be an opportunity for the entire membership to celebrate Jon’s accomplishments at a Club function (although there will be a small function consisting mainly of past office bearers, current directors and senior staff).
I am aware many Members have already contacted Jon to thank him for his service and say farewell and I know he has appreciated the many messages.
If you would like to take the opportunity to extend your best wishes you can contact Jon, by:
- email to email@example.com
- phoning 0409 024 904
- posting a message to Jon on our Facebook page.
Jon will also be at the Club over the next three weeks.
On behalf of all Members, I take this opportunity to thank Jon for his contribution to the growth and success of the Club and Company over the past sixteen years. His leadership and management expertise has put the organisation at the forefront of the golf industry.
Projects and achievements among his many successes have included:
- Successful Member events such as the milestone Club anniversary celebrations and the annual Tournament Week
- The construction of the practice facilities at Cape Schanck
- The Long Island merger
- The redevelopment of the Gunnamatta Course
- Successful staff retention programs
- Formulated long-term strategic direction and significant contribution to financial strength through best practice financial control
- Significant increased demand for Membership and shareholding.
Jon is relocating to the Gold Coast and he will be greatly missed by all at The National.